Content of this article:
The nuances of using flowerpots
The shape of the flowerpots repeats the flower pot, but without drainage holes. This property allows you to place in any part of the apartment, without fear of the appearance of puddles after watering plants. It can be purchased at a store or made independently of obsolete items, decorated with molding, drawing or eggshell. We create a composition of bright containers, hiding inside the old clay or plastic pots with a touch of salt.
Interesting ideas for your design
Choosing a decorative pots:
- classical severity - we place pots with plants in containers in pastel colors, drawing attention to flowers, and not to pots;
- monochromatic containers allow you to create a composition in one palette - we arrange a number of pots of the same size in one color in order to avoid the extravaganza of colors;
- we make original crafts from cans of coffee, tea or cookies. You can use old cans in your work, although modern containers can be put into action. They grow well succulents, not demanding for irrigation and frequent transplants. In an empty can you can grow any unpretentious plant, only at the bottom we make holes for drainage;
- we transform an old pot with a plant into an original detail of an interior, having decorated macrame or decoupage;
- when using blue or purple pots when creating a composition, remember that the plants are visually relegated to the background, if we take the red and orange containers, the vegetable garden moves forward.
The idea of an animalreturn to menu ↑ return to menu ↑
With the help of pots we hide ugly pots, which allows us to make composite groups of plants, to cover empty areas in the garden.
By type of subdivide:
- Floor planters. Here we place large potted plants, dwarf shrubs and trees. Capacities have large volumes, it is difficult to rearrange them if you want to create a composition. Suitable for myrtle, orange, ficus, palm trees.
- Suspended pots. We carry out vertical landscaping of the site. We plant not only climbing annuals, but also perennials. In the apartment we fasten on the cornice or ceiling beams, on the street we hang on the verandah and the gazebo, we put on poles. They are suitable for creating mobile flower gardens, it is easy to move the flowering plants to another part of the garden, replacing them with others.
- Wall pots. Attach directly to the wall or fence. Indoors we decorate the walls of the corridor or hang them in the kitchen. We plant ornamental deciduous plants, the care of which is not burdensome, they are undemanding to lighting conditions.
- Table pots. We expose potted plants on windowsills and tables. We can transfer from one room to another to provide a comfortable environment.
Decor that makes you smile
It will be interesting to you: REVIEW: Flowers in the interior: 175+ (Photo) Beautiful combinations (in the living room, bedroom, kitchen)return to menu ↑
Floor tanks look massive, they plant large plants. According to the rules, they must exceed the diameter of the flowerpot, and the intervals must be filled with expanded clay or pebbles to ensure the vital activity of the plants. Backfilling not only performs a decorative function, but also absorbs the remaining liquid. Flowerpots most often wooden or metal.
The easiest way is to make containers that will stand on the floor or windowsill. Care should be taken to ensure their stability so that the construction with plants does not fall. Flowerpots are made from old holey dishes, containers, cans, shabby drawers and linen cabinets.
Cheer up with flowers
For decoration are needed:
- dried flowers;
Outdoor flower pots
We make floor structures:
- useful old bucket without a handle, wrapped with burlap or bark;
- Beautiful plastic pots are made of plastic pipe scraps, and cement will also be needed to fix seashells, ceramics, or mosaic pieces. It is necessary to apply cement to the pipe, and push in the mosaic pieces, and after drying, attach the bottom;
- we knock down a box from the stains treated with stain; we line the bottom with moss. You can draw a picture from the outside or apply a pattern using the burning method.
Hanging pots with plants decorate the apartment, balcony, loggia. Suitable for decorating a country site. The compositions are used in a romantic, rustic and eco-style. Depending on the material used for decoration of flowerpots, we decide what style we want to display.
Suspended compositions for decorationIf at home we place containers at eye level for ease of watering, then at the dacha we use any fence, hang pots with plants on branches of bushes or trees. Observe the condition - ease of construction.
All suspended containers are selected from plastic and thin metal, decorated with lace trim, decoupage or colorize. You can make beautiful envelopes out of burlap, sheathe ribbons and lace. Hang on a string, rope or chain. Any outdoor pots with ease turns into a hanging, if you braid threads for hanging on the hooks.
Crochet hanging pots
Discover the ideas:
- measure the volume of the pot, proceed to knitting or crochet. The product should be slightly wider than the pot so that it fits well there. We tie a wide loop at the back so that the structure is securely suspended to the mount;
- We use satin ribbons of one or several colors. The principle of weaving is simple - we interconnect the ribbons in the middle in the form of a frame. In the middle we put the pot, in size at the edge we knit a ribbon for the connection. Now we bind the ribbons between each other along the walls of the pot;
- choose thin ropes for weaving. If you need to braid a small bowl with a dwarf plant, you can not use coarse threads. You can braid the pot by analogy with weaving ribbons, or weave a complex pattern.
The design is securely fastenedreturn to menu ↑
Cachepot on the wall
In small apartments we embody the idea - we attach pots with plants to the walls. If all the windowsills and the loggia are already taken, then proceed to the realization of the idea. Wall containers are almost the same as outboard or outdoor. On the side of the pot there is a hook with which it is attached to the wall.At a country site we attach flower boxes to low and high fences. It is troublesome to build pots with plants directly into the openings of the fence, additional material is required, you also need to calculate the load on the fence.
Use old items to decorate the area:
- a pot, a dish or a pot of ceramics will be used. To hang we wind the object with wire or drill a hole for attachment to the wall from the side;
- kettles and cups from the old service. Fix it on the wall with wire or hang it by the handles on the hooks;
- boots, shoes or galoshes. We nailed to a wooden fence or tied with laces.
We decorate a wooden fence in the country
It will be interesting to you:REVIEW: Artificial flowers for home interior: Beauty for many years (bouquets, compositions, ekibany)return to menu ↑
Cache-pots can be made of wood, plastic, glass, wicker. It is interesting to look tin cans, decorated with weaving or patterns. Let's refuse plastic containers - they are too unstable, they are suitable only for hanging pots.
Distinguished by location:
Street tanks are set up at the dacha plots, placed on beds or near the entrance at the site. More often they place large heat-loving trees, which with the advent of cold weather move to the basement. Room pots placed in the apartment. They plant small plants:
We turn on the fantasy and landBalcony tanks are made, both suspended and wall. An interesting multi-tiered pots, where we plant vines, creating a flowering wall in the summer. It is not hard to build a few shelves or shelves for wooden vases. Decorate the balcony capacity pelargonium, ivy, balsamines.
Materials for pots
Various materials are useful for creating pots under flower pots:
- Ceramics. Beautiful vases, decorated with glaze, floral and floral patterns. With their help, create a rustic style in the interior. If the ceramic pots of flower growers are not widespread because of the glaze, which does not allow the root system of plants to develop, then the pot will help out in this situation. We choose - from semicircular containers for a garden with succulents to large floor vases for dracaenas or a Chinese rose. By cons include the fragility of the material and weight.
- Tree. All wooden parts are treated from decay to ensure the durability of the container. In them we plant bright annuals: marigolds, verbena. It is possible to decorate a garden, as compact boxes, and to build a design from 5-7 flowerpots placed in long pots.
- Glass. Transparent containers are suitable for indoor flowering plants that need to control the water level.
- Metal. Products fit any style - from country to high-tech. Make one-and multilevel designs.
- Plastic. Universal material, easy to maintain, resistant to temperature extremes. A variety of colors and shapes allows you to grow even naughty plants, such as orchids. Plastic containers when placed on the street does not deteriorate from moisture, do not fade in the sun.
- Fake diamond. Capacities are not subject to sunshine, moisture resistant, withstand shocks. The range allows you to pick pots, the texture resembles a natural stone.
Choose a material that will be suitable for your colors.Important criteria when choosing: resistance to temperature fluctuations, immunity to moisture, preservation of the original shape.
It will be interesting to you: REVIEW: How to make flowers from corrugated paper with your own hands? 125 Photos and 5 simple workshopsreturn to menu ↑
Forged pots beautifully complement the interior of the room and are in demand in garden design:
- hanging tanks suitable for small rooms, they put pots with climbing plants. A stack of several tiers looks beautiful, allowing plants to be placed in size, interchanged;
- Floor pots are distinguished by size. Elegant wrought iron coasters are used to decorate an apartment, and large ones will be useful for decorating a garden plot.
Shod pots for apartment decor
All forged stands are durable, practical to use. Chips and damages do not appear on them, so in winter they can be left to spend the winter in the yard.return to menu ↑
Wooden tanks can be easily constructed from the remnants of the rails after repair. Useful boards, bars, slats, and even branches.
We use cheap materials to create pots for the garden:
- We knock together several laths like a fence or a lattice, combine them in the form of a long box. Inside the lining of the sacking, we expose the containers with red and pink geraniums.
- The middle of the long log should be hollowed out, and the sides should be reinforced with smaller logs for stability. Stir plates with violets or petunias.
- Cut the twigs of the same length, tie them together with a rope, making knots after each added branch. It should be a canvas of twigs, connected by two strips of rope. We join the canvas into a circle, and as the bottom we nail several branches with nails. Such fastening will not allow to tilt and fall out to a pot. We put a flowerpot with a flower inside, we additionally tie a construction with a rope.
Wooden fence for your plants
It will be interesting to you:REVIEW: How to make flowers from corrugated paper with candy with your own hands? Master class +75 Photos of luxurious bouquetsreturn to menu ↑ return to menu ↑
We improve a site, arranging mobile flower beds:
- At the entrance to the territory. Choose two tall pots, plant the same dwarf trees. We put the containers on high stands so that the potted plants create an entrance zone. The composition can be placed in front of the house or on both sides of the fence.
- A beautiful plant planted in a decorative flowerpots, placed in the center of the flower bed as a tapeworm. We also set up containers near benches, turns of garden paths, on steps leading to a house.
- Unsightly places on the site closed with large vases with plants, shifting the emphasis on flowers.
- Near an artificial reservoir we place pots with moisture-loving plants - dwarf irises and ferns.
- An interesting idea is to create a streamlet with the help of containers with blue flowers. We pour stones in the shape of the future channel, and at the source we mix an old can, from which ampelous lobelia grow.
- We make a mobile flower garden - we put several planters in a row with flowering plants, if necessary we transfer:
Very comfortable mobile flowers
- spring flowering from early-flowering bulbous plants planted in wicker baskets, as we wither, we transfer into the shade, replacing with other plants;
- in the summer we decorate the land in a rustic style - we set up wooden boxes with annual plants of the same species;
- before frost, ampelous fuchsias bloom with petunia and verbena, planted in hanging containers;
- in the fall, we put in a prominent place in front of the porch pots with chrysanthemums that were preparing to bloom in summer.
- We decorate brick and wooden fences. If the barriers look gray and uncomfortable, then with the help of high containers with one type of perennial plants we will add bright colors to the site.
- Suspended pots stir not only on the balcony, cornice, wall, but also hang on the branches of trees.
Plants in hanging tanks need to be watered more often, because due to the location under direct sunlight, the soil dries quickly.
Hanging flowers need to be watered more often.
If there is a pond at the dacha, we make a floating composition. We use light containers with potted plants, which are placed in pots in the form of a boat. The plant will sway on the water surface, will need less watering.For heavy pots at the bottom of a shallow pond, we fix the support, on which we put a stable cache-pot. In the tank, you will feel yourself freely in the pot with tsiperus, which needs frequent watering and spraying. Return to the menu
Flowers in the country
- In the country with the help of pots with plants zoning plot. The containers placed along the tracks are used as a border, replacing the landing boxwood, in need of constant pruning. We create containers of incredible shape with the help of cut plastic bottles or tires, pour concrete into the molds in order to repeat the bends of the tracks.
- We form borders using a number of short plants in the same color and texture of the tanks. Another option is to arrange pots of different height along the walkway, where you can plant several species of flowering annuals. You can put the containers in one row, but can be placed in groups. Cachepo placed on supports to create a multi-level flower garden.
- Select a place for a raised flowerbed - we plant one large figured flower-pots, painted with bright patterns. Here we put several containers with potted plants to get the composition.
- We embody the idea of the Mediterranean style - we create an alley along the paths, resembling the planting of young cypress trees. Expose tub plants - Portuguese laurel cherry, privet, laurel, boxwood. In order to create the impression that cultures grow from the ground, we dig deep tanks into the dug holes, where we place tubs for the season. Before frosts, we extract the plant with a container, and in the spring we return it to its place.
- Getting to the design of the arbor. We hang pots with plants in the openings, put them around on the ground, put them on poles. Planted curly annuals to get a canopy of green mass. It does not always work near the gazebo to plant climbing roses or clematis because of the paving. The output will be suspended structures and mobile flower beds.
Ideas You'll LikeBoardWhen creating a container flower garden, we avoid pests that destroy the planting of plants planted in the ground. The solution is suitable for areas where there are a lot of bears and larvae of May beetles.
We place wicker furniture at the site, so the tanks with flowering plants placed side by side will help to highlight the recreation area:
- emphasize the marine style with voluminous containers with palm trees and rubber plants, pasted over with mosaic pieces;
- for country style, we give preference to wide clay vases with ageratum and pansies;
- we will plant a garden with aromatic plants and herbs in the style of Provence. Capacity can be built directly into wooden benches. The air is filled with fragrance, scaring insects.
We add coziness wicker furniture
Practical use of flowerpots when growing seedlings. With a lack of garden area, hanging tanks are used for growing vegetables and herbs.With the help of pots we learn to decorate the area with ornamental plants. The solution will appeal to those who have unfit land for cultivation or are infected with pest larvae.
It will be interesting to you:REVIEW: A catalog of flowers for giving (240 + Photos with names): All the rules for creating incredible beautyreturn to menu ↑
Flowerpots for indoor plants
Before purchasing a decor item, you need to designate for yourself whether the plant container will fit the style of the apartment. Designers often use this technique to complement the overall impression of a room.
We select pots to the style of the apartment or room
Incorrectly chosen plant pots for plants will irritate the view, so we follow the rules of choice:
- If at registration of the room pastel shades prevail, we choose capacity of neutral color - dairy, beige, light-olive. Allowable pale patterns on the surface.
- For children choose containers with an abundance of decor and colors. If the boy’s room is decorated in a marine style, then we decorate the container with images of pirates and ships. Girls will love pink pots with princesses or animals.
- For group plantings, we choose containers of the same shape and color.
- If the plants on the windowsill are different in size, you can land them in different size pots in the same color scheme.
- Choose containers for flowers growing in the kitchen, the color of the dishes. It looks interesting red set in the composition with scarlet pots.
Revitalize the interior with flower potsFor flowering plants, it is better to use containers of neutral shades without a pattern, so as not to distract attention. Netsvetuschie plants are planted in curly pots, beautifully decorated with beads or rhinestones.
If there are no free horizontal surfaces left in the apartment, make hanging containers. Save space - decorate the walls with hanging vines in pots that purify the air.return to menu ↑ return to menu ↑
Cache-pot with your own hands
Container plantings emphasize the beauty of the planted pot plant, with their help we create a miniature garden on the windowsill, and plant seasonal flower gardens on the site. It is easy to independently make a container for plants, using the available materials.
From mirror tiles
For indoor plants we make a container of mirror tiles, which are in any hardware store. We take the glue gun and 5 tiles, we proceed to work. We put one of the tiles on a flat surface downwards with the mirror side, on the sides we apply the remaining tiles, glue them along the joints. After the glue dries, put the flower pot in the mirror pots.Compact pots are doing on a similar principle from old floppy disks. With the help of a glue gun, we fasten 4 floppy disks to each other, and fix the fifth one to the base. Bright pots are made for succulents that computer people will like. Return to menu
T-shirt or cords
Old tops and T-shirts that break into long stripes are useful. The strips should be stretched and twisted, cut off the side seams. Rope and cords are also suitable for work. Turn the pot upside down; we will form a flowerpots in its shape. In the center we connect 8 strips of knitwear into a knot, we begin to knit knots randomly on each side. Weave the net to the edges of the pot, tie the ends of the strips into a knot, fasten it on a ring, so that it is convenient to hang the plant on a hook.
Suspension with their own hands always looks beautifulreturn to menu ↑
Out of bird cage
If a cell has not been used for a long time for its intended purpose, we transform it into a spectacular planter for indoor plants. First you need to wash and dry the rods, then proceed to painting. Choose any paint, paint the inner surface of the cell, wait for drying. Then we coat the outer surface in two layers.
Place 3 pots in a cage-pot, decorate with moss. Climbing plants look best, and as they grow, they twine around the branches.return to menu ↑
From coconut shell
If you want to get an exotic hanging pot for orchids, use the fruit of coconut:
- cut the fruit, pour the juice into a separate container;
- using the grinder, cut the nut into two parts;
- you can cut closer to the top, getting a deep container, or making a cut exactly in the middle for two identical pots;
- leave to dry, remove the inner flesh with a knife;
- we make holes in the upper part to pass the string or wire for hanging;
- the container can be varnished for durability.
Coconut as a pot is a great alternativereturn to menu ↑
From old things
Mastering flowerpots for garden plants from unnecessary things or burlap, because some species for growth bulk containers will be required:
- protect your hands with rubber gloves during work;
- we make a mortar of cement, a little thicker than the consistency of sour cream;
- put a piece of burlap into the solution, remove it;
- we lay out the cloth on the inverted bucket or other capacity suitable for the size;
- wait for drying, remove the resulting container from the form;
- we put small pebbles on the bottom, put a plant pot inside.
Old things can get a new look.return to menu ↑
From plastic bottles
Useful plastic 3-liter or 5-liter bottles. We will use only the bottom of the bottles, so cut off the neck with the lid with a knife. Independently adjust the height of the capacity of the pot, which we put inside. We make holes through the top of the bottle with a red-hot nail in order to pass a decorative cord.
Capacity decorate at its discretion. You can paint the product with acrylic paints, cut through the patterns with a blade or wrap colored cords. Along the perimeter we cut waves or cut through strips that we wrap to the outside.
Plastic Bottles - Another Original Ideareturn to menu ↑
From gramophone record
We make original garden pots from old records. The material can be found in any home, and the odd job turns out to be original, not requiring financial investments. Records, uniform, acrylic paints and gloves will be required.
- put a record on an old plate, put the desired shape on top (pan or jar);
- for a couple of minutes the structure is placed in a preheated oven;
- as soon as the plate began to soften and gnaw, pull it out of the oven;
- in mittens we start to form a plate around the pan, making curves and waves;
- if the material has hardened, reheat, continue to work;
- we make holes in the diameter of the product with a screwdriver when the plate has not yet hardened;
- after cooling the container, we begin to paint its walls with acrylic paints. You can paint yourself or in a pattern.
Phased technology for the pot of shellacreturn to menu ↑
Out of matter
For hanging pots useful remnants of soft matter. We make a template from a cardboard in the form of a pocket, we cut out square or round details. We put the parts in pairs, sew, leaving one side free. All prepared pockets are sewn to a large canvas, hung on the wall, stir containers with plants.Applying the imagination, we use all the old things to make original containers. If you collect all the remnants of materials in the house and on the garden plot, an interesting idea for decorating pots with plants will definitely come to mind. You can wrap old pots with the remnants of threads, laces and fabrics, and wrap flowerpots with krupnomer at the site with wire or tin plates.
A bit of fantasy and a pot with fabric readyreturn to menu ↑ return to menu ↑
We embody non-boring thoughts
Before the holidays we present original pots for friends:
- For collectors of rare species of cacti, it is possible to embody the idea of using plastic trays for eggs as a cache-pot. In the cells we place rare species of cacti and succulents in pots, creating a composition. Mini-garden can be attached to the wall with a wire.
- The usual hanging planter for plants is wrapped in colored foil, which sparkles with radiance in electric light.
- We decorate the capacity with shining LEDs. We hide the battery and the wires inside the pot, after having protected it from moisture.
- Torch. We decorate a glass vase or a jar from the inside with cones, coniferous twigs, dried flowers, lace. Among the decor hiding a flashlight. From above to the middle we place a pot with plants, just make sure that the water does not fall on the composition. Periodically wipe the moisture from the pot. It remains to attach to the holder, getting a spectacular nightlight.
VIDEO: Master-class for creating pots with their own hands